Escape Cycle Tours
adventure holidays invites you to explore South Africa and neighbouring countries while being self-propelled on two wheels.
Our full time passion is creating and leading adventurous cycle tours in the most scenic locations in Southern Africa. We offer both road and mountain bike tours, tailor-made for families, groups and individuals. We pride ourselves in our personal touch offered to all guests making it an unforgettable and memorable experience. All our guides are passionate bikers, well-travelled and carry a wealth of knowledge throughout Southern Africa. We try to make a difference by supporting communities, using local accommodation, restaurants and supporting small entrepreneurs on route. Luxury accommodation can be arranged.
Some of our signature tours include:
- 11 Day “Big 5 Cycle Safari Adventure” – South Africa & Botswana
- 7 Day “Namaqualand Daisy Tour”
- 12 Day “Land of the King” – Swaziland Tour
- 7 Day “Get your Cook on” – Gourmet Cycle Tour
- 7 Day “Mapungubwe Cycle Safari”
- 12 Day “Western Cape, Coastal & Winelands Cycle Tour”
The vision and passion of Chris Murray and Liz Szabo combined their individual strengths, skills and interests to create some of the most exciting cycle safari experiences in Africa. Escape Cycle Tours guides are registered National Tourist Guides to ensure tours can be carried out throughout Southern Africa, and all carry Level 2 First Aid certifications.
Escape Cycle Tours was established in 2004 and have successfully guided over 150 cycle tours throughout Southern Africa. Years of cycling experience have been put in to creating unique itineraries for travel enthusiasts that are looking for a more adventurous way of travel.
We are fully equipped to handle all of the ground operations:
- Support/back up vehicles
- Specialised trailers
- Experienced bike mechanics
- Extensive knowledge of the routes
- Supporting local communities by training up local guides to assist with support
Thank you for taking the time to read about our company and we look forward to hopefully working with you.
Escape Cycle Tours
34 Roscommon Road, Parkview
Johannesburg, South Africa
Tel +27(0)11 462 2298 | +27(0)82 568 6651 | +27(0)83 453 5216 | +27(0)84 584 4884
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.escapecycletours.com
Whale Trail – Slack Packing Hike
The five –night 60km Whale Hiking Trail developed by Cape Nature Reserve, traverses one of the Western Cape’s most unique and diverse nature reserves, while providing outdoor enthusiasts with unique comfortable overnight accommodation situated at spectacular locations.
Where: De Hoop Nature Reserve, Overberg, W. Cape of S.A.
When: 15-20 December 2016.
Number: 8 spaces available.
What: includes booking, fees, Porterage, food & drinks and guided by qualified Nature & Marine guides.
Visit AfricanSunRoad website or contact Gilly at email@example.com
[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 4676,4675,4674,4673,4672,4671,4670,4669,4668,4667,4666,4665,4664″ link=”image” target=”blank” width=”200″ height=”200″ title=”never”]
Single Parent Adventures – Our next adventure.
DATES – 7th & 8th of January 2017 – the camp will be for a minimum of 2 nights, with the option of a third.
Our next single parents adventure takes place in South Africa’s largest wilderness area, and our wilderness camp is located in a private wilderness area, along the banks of the Baviaanskloof River, in the BAVIAANSKLOOF MEGA RESERVE. We can accommodate a number of families in 5 family tents (sleep 4), 4 twin bedded safari tents, and 3 explorer tents.
The camp can easily be reached with a regular sedan, and is approximately 3 hours drive from George or Knysna.
The camp is set in a private and secluded wilderness kloof, along the banks of the Baviaanskloof River. For the most part, the river is a stream which flows into pools along its path through the kloof. Guests are welcome to hike along this route at leisure.
This is just our small part of what is, in reality, an enormous area of over 500,000 hectares which is the Baviaanskloof Mega Reserve.
The rates are FULLY INCLUSIVE of accommodation, all meals, teas & coffees, AND select wines, beers and minerals.
SAFARI TENTS – R2,480 per adult for two nights. | R1,320 per child under 16 for two nights.
Explorer Tents – R1,900 per adult for two nights. | R1,320 per child under 16 for two nights.
What can you expect?
- Aim to get to the camp at around 14h00 on Saturday the 7th of January. The road is a combination of tar and dirt from either George or Knysna. The dirt road is excellent, and the camp can be reached with a regular sedan.
- Chances are its going to be hot, so we are going to gather up all who are keen for a dip, and we’re taking a short walk to a natural rock pool, (you are most welcome to head up to pools anytime you like during your stay)
- Back at camp and its an opportunity for your to shower, and head along to the lounge tent and we’ll prepare our sticks to make stick bread a little later, whilst parents enjoy a glass of chardonnay.
- Dinner is from 7pm and this is followed by marshmallow roasting. For the parents, sit back and enjoy an amarula coffee.
- Breakfast (a full English breakfast along with cereals, yogurts and fruit) will be from 8am.
- Shortly after breakfast we’ll begin a treasure hunt for the little ones.
- During the heat of the day, we expect kids to be wanting to be in the stream.
- Lunch is at 1pm and burgers, pitas and wraps will be available.
- Late this afternoon we going to have a few challenges, so folks we’re going to make up a few teams but don’t panic, nothing to hectic, but we can tell you one of them will be making a fire from ‘scratch’ and boiling a tin of water.
- Dinner will be followed by a night walk, and we’ll head off looking for little creatures.
- Breakfast is at 8am and is a repeat of day 2.
- Check-out is at 10am, and you are welcome to depart at your leisure.
Please feel free to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the camp, please feel free to visit Pop-Up Camps SA website.