Single Parent Adventures – Our next adventure.
DATES – 7th & 8th of January 2017 – the camp will be for a minimum of 2 nights, with the option of a third.
Our next single parents adventure takes place in South Africa’s largest wilderness area, and our wilderness camp is located in a private wilderness area, along the banks of the Baviaanskloof River, in the BAVIAANSKLOOF MEGA RESERVE. We can accommodate a number of families in 5 family tents (sleep 4), 4 twin bedded safari tents, and 3 explorer tents.
The camp can easily be reached with a regular sedan, and is approximately 3 hours drive from George or Knysna.
The camp is set in a private and secluded wilderness kloof, along the banks of the Baviaanskloof River. For the most part, the river is a stream which flows into pools along its path through the kloof. Guests are welcome to hike along this route at leisure.
This is just our small part of what is, in reality, an enormous area of over 500,000 hectares which is the Baviaanskloof Mega Reserve.
The rates are FULLY INCLUSIVE of accommodation, all meals, teas & coffees, AND select wines, beers and minerals.
SAFARI TENTS – R2,480 per adult for two nights. | R1,320 per child under 16 for two nights.
Explorer Tents – R1,900 per adult for two nights. | R1,320 per child under 16 for two nights.
What can you expect?
- Aim to get to the camp at around 14h00 on Saturday the 7th of January. The road is a combination of tar and dirt from either George or Knysna. The dirt road is excellent, and the camp can be reached with a regular sedan.
- Chances are its going to be hot, so we are going to gather up all who are keen for a dip, and we’re taking a short walk to a natural rock pool, (you are most welcome to head up to pools anytime you like during your stay)
- Back at camp and its an opportunity for your to shower, and head along to the lounge tent and we’ll prepare our sticks to make stick bread a little later, whilst parents enjoy a glass of chardonnay.
- Dinner is from 7pm and this is followed by marshmallow roasting. For the parents, sit back and enjoy an amarula coffee.
- Breakfast (a full English breakfast along with cereals, yogurts and fruit) will be from 8am.
- Shortly after breakfast we’ll begin a treasure hunt for the little ones.
- During the heat of the day, we expect kids to be wanting to be in the stream.
- Lunch is at 1pm and burgers, pitas and wraps will be available.
- Late this afternoon we going to have a few challenges, so folks we’re going to make up a few teams but don’t panic, nothing to hectic, but we can tell you one of them will be making a fire from ‘scratch’ and boiling a tin of water.
- Dinner will be followed by a night walk, and we’ll head off looking for little creatures.
- Breakfast is at 8am and is a repeat of day 2.
- Check-out is at 10am, and you are welcome to depart at your leisure.
Please feel free to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the camp, please feel free to visit Pop-Up Camps SA website.